There can many reasons why it is very much important to learn a new language and if that too is English, then there can be variant reasons. For those, who are new to the learning phase it is a good idea to learn the English language as it allows you to communicate with new people and it helps you to see things from a different viewpoint. Learning news languages helps you to become a better listener. It even has health-related benefits as those people who speak two or more two languages gave more active minds. Through this article, we will discuss the basics that explain to you why there is a need to learn English. So, let us get started!
What is the importance of learning English?
With the help of few points we will describe the importance of learning English:
- English is the official language of 53 countries: You need to acknowledge the fact that 400 million people across the globe and speak English as their first language. Not only this, the English language is listed as one of the official languages that are counted in a quarter of the countries in the rest of the world. You can speak English with anybody.
- It is the most widely spoken language across the globe: English is the second language that is used in the rest of the world. While there is a primary language in many countries such as Chinese, Mandarin, and Spanish that is the mother tongue of most of the people too. In fact, one in five people on the planet speaks or understand at least a little bit of English.
- It can easily help you to get a better job: There are companies that are now becoming international and English is listed as an essential skill for more and more jobs. There are some organizations that now conduct all their business in English, no matter where in the world they are. If you want the best-paid opportunities. Learning English can be a great idea.
- It makes it easier to travel: As it is explained before, English is the world’s second language. This clearly means that learning English makes it much easier to travel anytime anywhere.
- It is the language of media: Most of the content that is available on the internet is written in English and many of the world’s biggest news outlets, TV shows, newspapers, and magazines. Most of the readers do understand the language of English and hence most of the media agencies rely on the written language as English
- You can easily travel across the world: By now, you might have understood that English is the second largest language and this clearly means that learning the importance of learning English. This plays a vital role when you are traveling as you can understand airplane announcements. Train time tables, emergency information, and street signs are often translated into the English language. This also helps when you want to communicate with other travelers or the local residents of the place where you have visited and this is very much important in case there is an emergency or a situation where communication is necessary.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
You need to acknowledge the fact that English is the international language of media and arts and so, if you wish to get a good job abroad or wish to pursue IELTS classes in Delhi, then you need to have a bit of knowledge of English. We hope this article has provided enough information about the topic, however, if you still do not have clarity then it is recommended to visit the official website of the British English Academy, the academy will let you know the importance of learning English.